Whether it was an injury, tooth decay or periodontal disease that caused you to lose your tooth, Dr. Eslami can replace it quickly with dental implants.
Patients who need a tooth replaced are choosing dental implants over conventional treatments with Dr. Ahmad Eslami for a variety of good reasons:
- Dental Implants look natural.
- Dental implants are made of titanium, which the body accepts. This allows the dental implants to fuse smoothly with the jaw bone (called osseointegration).
- Dental implants fall right in step with the rest of a patient’s natural teeth and roots.
- Dental implants are strong, durable and rarely need replacing except possibly the crown.
- Dental implants make eating and talking second nature.
- Dental implants are easy to take care of – just regular flossing, brushing and dental checkups.
Why Patients Reject Conventional Tooth Replacements:
Removable partial dentures. A partial denture is an artificial tooth attached to a flesh-colored base that the patient secures to the gums using metal clasps. The appliance is held together with metal, which some find bulky and uncomfortable. Partials fail roughly 30 percent of the time and need to be replaced within five to seven years.
Fixed partial denture/Three unit bridge. A fixed partial denture/three unit bridge functions between two existing teeth (abutments), which have to be filed down first so it will fit. The artificial tooth is then anchored between the real teeth. Bridges make teeth susceptible to cavities and weaken the jaw bone. Fixed partials also fail about 30 percent of the time and need to be replaced within five to seven years.
Schedule your dental implant consultation with West Allis periodontist Dr. Ahmad Eslami today!